Saturday, August 21, 2010

NiMH Batteries Revisited

So if you've read my blog before, you might know that 7 or 8 years ago, I bought a Game Boy to play my Pokemon game on the go with. I didn't buy regular batteries, though. I decided to pay $27 to buy a set of four nickel metal hydride batteries and a charger so that I wouldn't get stuck without batteries for my game. Well, since then, I've recharged my batteries hundreds and hundreds of times, saving nearly $100 a year with those batteries. Also, two of the first four batteries have been ruined, but only because they went through the wash. My family's been convinced of the real money-saving benefits of rechargeable batteries and now not a single disposable battery passes through the front door. Paired with free utilities, this means I never spend money on batteries anymore and all those hundreds of potential batteries never went to the dump or wherever trash goes out here. I set out to save time, and I wound up saving money and helping the environment in the process. Does the right choice get any easier?

1 comment:

Justin A. Rickard said...

This is a great post. I just got on the rechargeable battery bandwagon myself and it is definitely the way to go. More writing like this please. :)